Around here, tacos are welcomed at every meal, but nothing beats starting your day with a toasted tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, greens, creamy avocado, crunchy radish, and a slightly spicy sauce. This breakfast includes all the key players - protein, fiber, healthy fat, plus some extra nutritional mileage from dark leafy greens. If this seems too ambitious for your typical weekday morning, save it for the weekend or prep your greens, sauce, and garnishes the night before. Then all you have to do in the morning is toast your tortilla and scramble your eggs.
The flavorful and vibrant cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce is what really elevates this breakfast taco. Adjust the spice level by choosing to include some jalapeño seeds or not, but regardless, you will have a tasty garnish for your AM meal. This sauce ups the protein-ante by blending in Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt. The Greek yogurt not only adds protein, but also provides a creamy texture and taste creating the perfect balance between ingredients.
You can say bye bye to the days where yogurt is considered only as a breakfast food. Most days, I include one yogurt every day as part of my eating repertoire. I love taking thick and creamy Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt out of the package and into my cooking, using it to add texture and protein to my kitchen creations.
Breakfast Tacos with Cilantro Yogurt Jalapeño Sauce
- 2 organic corn tortillas or tortillas of your choice
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or olive oil
- 4 eggs, ideally pasture-raised, whisked
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- a few cilantro leaves
Cilantro Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce
- 1 jalapeño, some or all seeds removed, quartered
- 1/2 cup Oikos Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt
- To make the cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce, combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired.
- Toast the tortillas in a warm pan or over the flame of your burner. Set aside onto two plates.
- Warm the avocado oil or olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach or kale and slightly wilt. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Warm ghee or olive oil in the same pan, add eggs, and scramble.
- To serve, divide the greens and eggs between the two tortillas. Top each tortilla with avocado, scallion, radish, and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce and enjoy.
I have partnered with Dannon to help promote Oikos. I have been compensated for my time commitment to review Oikos. However, my opinions are entirely my own, and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.