Looking for a new way to use your zucchini bounty this summer, look no further than simple, delicious, and seemingly indulgent zucchini fries. To mimic crispy crunchy fries, I coated strips of zucchini in a flour made from sprouted crackers and simply baked them. To dip, I used my favorite “go-to” spicy marinara as the ideal crowd pleasing side or summertime starter. This summer snack is gluten-free, plant-powered, kid friendly, and most importantly, super simple to make.
To create the crunchy crust for the fries, I used Simple Mills Sprouted Seed Crackers as a time-saving hack. These crackers are made with simple, whole food ingredients and are free of gluten, grains, soy, dairy, corn, and artificial colors, and flavors. Instead of making a breadcrumb-blend, I pulsed the crackers in a food processor, creating a flavorful, nutritious crust for the zucchini. Not only are these crackers full of omega 3 rich sunflower, flax, chia, and hemp seeds, the seeds are sprouted, allowing the nutrients to be more easily digested and absorbed.
- 3 medium-sized zucchini, halved crosswise, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 boxes Simple Mills Original, Garlic and Herb, or Everything Flavored Sprouted Seed Crackers
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of your preferred dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, lightly pulse the crackers into a breadcrumb-like consistency and transfer to a bowl or shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip zucchini wedges into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Arrange wedges in a single layer on the sheet trays. Bake until the cracker coating is golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Flip the zucchini and rotate the sheets halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.
This post was created in partnership with Simple Mills. Thank you for supporting the brands that support crunchy radish! Learn more about how Simple Mills is making Back-to-School and Back-to-Work season simple and fun here.