I've been on a clementine binge of late. These sweet little orbs of juicy goodness are addictive and, luckily, good for you too! Although I am quite satisfied peeling and popping the segments, I wanted to let this citrus shine in a different light. Cue the salsa! In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I jazzed up my "go-to" blend with this zesty and bright fruit. This salsa is loaded with Vitamin C and flavor, thanks to the sweet and juicy clementines. Creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, lime juice, and cilantro round out this festive mix.
Whether you are attending a fiesta, toping your taco, or munching with homemade chips, this salsa should be part of your cinco celebration.
Not a cinco celebrator? This salsa would be great all spring and summer long. Use it to top some grilled fish, serve on chilled soup, or scoop up with chips.
makes 2 cups
- 6 Darling Clementines, peeled and roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup English cucumber, diced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced (soaked in cold water for 10 minutes and drained, if you prefer onion with less of a bite)
- 1 tsp red chili, seeds removed, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice + ½ tsp lime zest
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped + additional leaves for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine clementines, cucumber, avocado, red onion, chili, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Sprinkle with a small pinch of sea salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Finish with cilantro leaves for garnish.
Want to make tortilla chips at home? Try out this recipe.
For more Cinco recipes consider:
This post was created in partnership with Darling Clementines . Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support crunchy radish.