Some mysteries don't need to be revealed - like what's actually lurking in your pumpkin spiced latte, but, if you want a pre-Halloween scare, check out the ingredients' list here. Ditch the carrageenan, sugar, food coloring, and sulfites and make your own with real, good for you ingredients.
For many, the arrival of the pumpkin spiced latte is the official sign that fall is here. Save some bucks and calories and make your own! Technically, a latte is made with espresso and hot steamed milk, this iteration is not for the coffee snobs since it can be made without those "required" items. If you are like me and lack a milk steamer and an espresso maker, I found that good quality coffee and warm nut milk taste just as great.
vegan pumpkin spiced latte
- 1 cup warm nut milk of your choice (steamed, if possible)
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee or two to four shots of espresso.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you prefer your latte)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
In a small pot, over medium heat, combine the coffee, pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to mugs, top with steamed or warmed milk, and ground cinnamon, if you wish. Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.