Who doesn't love Sunday morning pancakes? More often than not, they leave you unsatisfied, sleepy, and searching for your next hunger fix a mere hour or so after consumption. Refined carbohydrates from white flour and sugary pancake mix typically lack fiber and protein that keep you full and sustain your energy. Don't you worry; we've got your next weekend brekky covered. Try out these gluten-free, protein packed pancakes which will leave you feeling satiated and energized and primed for all of your weekend revelry.
Chocolate Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs (ideally pasture raised)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (optional for extra fluffy pancakes)
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Unrefined coconut oil
- Pure maple syrup
- Hemp Seeds
- Raw cacao nibs
- Nut butter
- In a blender, combine bananas, eggs, cacao, vanilla, baking powder (optional), and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- In a skillet, warm 2 tsps of coconut oil over medium-low heat. Pour 1-2 tbsps of batter for each pancake into pan.
- Cook for about one minute or until underside is golden. Flip with a metal spatula and cook until the other side is golden, about another minute. Repeat until you finish the batter, adding additional coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Top with maple syrup and additional toppings, if you wish.
Bye-Bye Auntie J