Special thanks to Pure Leaf + the Feed Feed for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Holiday madness is just getting started! Whether you are hosting your family for a festive meal, traveling, or just trying to manage the tidal wave of hustle and bustle that seems to peak in November and December, this time of the year can be stressful. Despite all the good eats and holiday cheer, finding time to unwind and keep sane is essential. Here are five tips to help you keep calm during the holiday season.
- Create a tea ritual - Drinking tea is not only beneficial to your health, but can be extremely beneficial to your entire well being. Carving out a routine that encourages time for yourself, to be truly present in the moment, and relax, is an essential tool to maintaining your health and your sanity.
Create a ritual to pause from the madness of holiday meal prepping, family stress, or work deadlines, and take a moment for just you. This is essential to staying calm during the busy season. Start your ritual by adding boiling water to a tablespoon of your favorite loose or bagged tea. Make sure to have a special mug on hand to make the drinking process feel more elevated. Turn off your phone, step away from the computer, slow down, recharge, and reset with a warm and calming cup of tea. Give yourself 10 minutes and enjoy the process of boiling, brewing, and sipping. Your body and mind will thank you.
My current go-to green is the Gunpowder Green Tea from Pure Leaf. Pure Leaf tea leaves are kept long, then simply picked, rolled and expertly crafted, allowing the genuine tea essence to shine through. Pure Leaf offers single- source origin tea leaves from Rainforest Alliance Certified tea estates in India, Kenya, Indonesia and Sri Lanka to ensure an exceptional and authentic tea taste.
- Journal - create a habit of taking time everyday to write things down - not type! Jot down your to-list, reflections on the day's events, or key things you want to remember. This can be essential to keeping calm and in control during the holiday craziness. Journaling encourages you to focus and engage with your thoughts. Journaling also gives you time for yourself and boosts your creativity by tapping into your steam of consciousness.
- Prioritize - Whether you are shopping and wrapping presents like your life depends on it, cooking up a storm, or your social calendar has never been this full, prioritize your obligations. Make a list of essential things that need to get done. Delegate tasks to others such as purchasing the wine, wrapping presents, or making hor d'oeuvres. Say no to certain events to save your sanity, save you time, and save you some stress.
- Focus on what truly matters - It is easy to get swept up in the holiday spirit and go full throttle on the eating, drinking, shopping, cooking, and celebrating. Take a moment and focus on what really matters. Spend quality time with your family and friends and be present in the moment. Focus in on the positives, whether it is your health, your family, or your furry and non-furry friends. Be grateful for the most meaningful things in your life.
- Take care of yourself - There is a reason why people feel that they need to detox once January 1st rolls around. Avoid the need for a major overhaul by staying on track during the holiday season. Don't let Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or Chanukah celebrations turn into two months of non-stop gluttony. Be sure to stay on top of your workouts. Consider upping the ante during the holiday's since temptations and indulgences are even more present than ever before. Stay on track of your clean eating. Be mindful of your choices and indulgences at holiday parties and celebrations. Be extra vigilant of what you eat throughout the day and don't let one meal or celebration throw off your healthy eating game for the whole holiday season. For more healthy holiday tips, check out this post or this one.
Pure Leaf bagged and loose teas are now available nationwide. Visit Amazon.com or head to your local grocery store to try all 10 hot and iced varieties.
This post was created in partnership with Pure Leaf and The Feed Feed. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support crunchy radish.