Making an edible gift is not only economical, but also a creative way to show your recipient that you truly care and took the time and energy to create something thoughtful. For your nut-loving friends, look no further than maple chipotle nuts, my go-to gift for friends and family.
maple chipotle nuts
Makes 7 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups raw unsalted walnut halves
- 2 cups raw unsalted pecan halves
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh lemon peel (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tbsps minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine nuts, oil, maple syrup, sugar, juice, and spices on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Toss to combine. Top with two tablespoons minced rosemary and a light dusting of salt. Spread nuts out evenly and roast at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Stir nuts every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, finish with remaining rosemary, and toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Nuts can be stored in airtight containers or packaged in mason jars or small bags.
If placing in a mason jar, I like to stuff a few rosemary leaves on the top for color contrast and added aroma.