It's Super Bowl time! Which means hours of beer guzzling, wing nibbling, and chip dipping in vast quantities. Game day does not have to be unhealthy. Here are nine simple, nutritious, and delicious ideas that won’t leave you in a greasy, salty state by the 4th quarter.
radish recs: healthy super bowl
- Swap in freshly made popcorn and homemade baked tortilla chips in place of store bought chips.
- Have plenty of fresh vegetables on hand as healthy dipper options. Select a rainbow assortment of veggies to make them as appealing as possible. Grab a Mason jar and position your veggies upright or sort by color to make them aesthetically pleasing.
- Get in your exercise. Watching the Super Bowl means lots of sitting, eating, and drinking. Make sure that you get in a good workout so that you have truly earned a splurge or two.
- Keep your water near by, sparkling or flat, to prevent yourself from consuming too much alcohol.
- Do not starve yourself before the game time festivities. Make sure to have a protein + healthy fat + fiber-rich breakfast so that you are not ravenous, hangry, and unrestrained at kickoff.
- Use a small plate for your snacks instead of sitting in front of the TV mindlessly eating. By utilizing a plate, you are more cognizant of how much you are eating. Don't forget to include an assortment of colorful food, and place priority on the vegetables.
- If you fall off the wagon, don’t beat yourself up…. get right back on track Monday morning.