Salads are always in heavy rotation here at crunchy radish HQs, but in the summer they become the all star attraction as opposed to a simple and light affair that goes alongside the main. For the next few weeks, we will be featuring the crunchy radish summer salad series which will highlight seasonal produce in a satiating and simple manner. We can't promise you that no stove will be involved. However, we can guarantee a full month's worth of sensational and inspirational salad fare that will last you all summer long.
First up is a brown rice noodle salad with an Asian inspired dressing that is very heavy on the lime. Although this is a noodle dish, it is served cold and is just as light and fortifying as a traditional salad can be. Here brown rice noodles are used for extra fiber and bolstered up with sugar snap peas, fresh herbs, and salty crunchy peanuts.
brown rice noodle Salad + sesame lime dressing
- 1 package brown rice noodles ( i like this brand)
- juice of 3 limes, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp minced or grated ginger
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps reduced sodium organic tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, stem end and string removed from each pod, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped or crushed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Submerge noodles into boiling water for 2 minutes. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water to arrest the cooking process.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, ginger, brown rice vinegar, sesame oil, and tamari. Taste dressing and adjust if needed. If you prefer a more mellow sweetness, add more brown rice vinegar, salter more tamari, zestier more lime, and for a more toasted nutty taste, more sesame oil.
- Place noodles in serving bowl and gently toss with dressing. Toss in snap peas, chili peppers, scallions, herbs, and peanuts. Serve cold with an extra sprinkle of herbs and peanuts.