It is officially winter and, just like your diet, your skincare regimen should adjust with the season. I consulted the one and only facialist to the stars, Joanna Vargas, for her DIY hydrating mask and asked her for some winter weather skincare tips.
To promote hydrated and glow worthy skin, Vargas suggests:
1. Use a humidifier in the bedroom. This will help your skin feel less parched when you wake up in the morning and ensure that you don't get too overly sensitized from the extremely dry air.
2. Shower with tepid water only. Although it is tempting to use the hottest water you can bear, using hot water on the skin will make you more dry and can cause an eczema outbreak. The cooler the water the better.
3. Eat more avocado. Eating good fats helps fortify your lipid layer and keeps you hydrated from the inside out.
4. Mask twice a week. Using a hydrating mask and including a bit of arnica will help keep your skin hydrated and soothed.
joanna vargas' homemade winter hydrating + anti-aging pomegranate mask.
- 1 tbsp mashed pomegranate seeds (can be mashed with a fork or pulsed in a blender)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of yogurt
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
Mix all ingredients together and leave on your face for 15 minutes. Rinse with tepid water.