I stumbled across this recipe in Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s All Good and have been hooked ever since. My good friend loves mixing it with quinoa for added mileage. No matter how you toss it, this simple dish is a sure fire way to utilize your cauli in a filling and nourishing fashion. Thanks GP.
Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Mustard Dressing
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 BPA-free can/bag sodium free chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Toss chickpeas and cauliflower in a large roasting pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for about 45 minutes, until soft and slightly brown.
While the cauliflower cooks, whisk together mustard, vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, a pinch of salt and a grinding of white pepper. Toss warmed chickpeas and cauliflower with the dressing. Top with parsley or cilantro and serve.